Flamingo Flower Plant(Anthurium scherzerianum) with self watering pot
Flamingo Flower Plant(Anthurium scherzerianum)
The flamingo flower plant is a species from the Anthuirum genus that displays great looking waxed effect flowers which bloom with an orange curly spadix. The Anthurium scherzerianum from the genus is suitable for a room within a home because of the acceptable height it grows up to, and of course the attractive spathe it displays for décor purposes.
Different species: The A scherzerianum is one of many species from the Anthurium genus (there are many more). Some people are mistaken when they state the A andreanum is the Flamingo flower (it's the oilcloth flower) – which is important to know, because they have differences. The main differences between the flamingo and oilcloth is in size (flamingo is smaller) the leaves are a different shape and the spadix grows straight or slightly bent with the A andreanum (oilcloth). There are also many hybrids available.
Growing and care: These are delightful to grow because of how splendid they look. However, a grower needs to be aware that they need plenty or care and attention (see instructions below) which may not suit the inexperienced grower.
How they look: The spadix (curly orange stem of very small flowers) and the spathe (what looks like the flower but is a bract -- modified leaf --) look's outstanding. The red colored (other colors are available) spathe has a very distinct glossy look that bloom's usually throughout spring to summer (flowers can last for a few weeks). Lance shaped leaves (long and wider in the middle) are also an attractive feature that grow to approximately 8 inches long. Misting and keeping the plant clean will bring out the best of this plant's appearance.
Poisonous: If digested the plant is poisonous and can cause digestion problems. It's advisable to keep pets (dog's and cat's) well away and prevent personally handling them when re-potting. Wear gloves - to prevent skin irritation
Temperature: Average room temperatures from 65°F/18.3°C - 75°F/23.8°C (maybe a little higher and not below 60°F/15.5°C). Lower temperatures will affect it's leaves (may turn yellow), impede it's growth and flowering.
Light: The flamingo flower is a lover of light - but not direct sunlight.
Watering: Keeping the soil moist at all times within the summer is advisable. Water every couple of days and less in the winter.
Soil: A good draining soil is best suited, such as a peat moss based potting soil and perlite.
Re-Potting: These are re-potted within spring usually every 2 years, or when they become pot-bound.
Humidity: The flamingo loves being misted with a light spray of lukewarm water, regularly. Cleaning lightly with a gentle sponge is advised, which improves humidity - and makes it look healthy.
Propagation: Propagate by dividing the plant when you decide to re-pot in spring. Having a good temperature above 75°F/23.8°C for the first few weeks will give the plant a great start in life.
DETAILS CHECK :
|PLANT SIZE (excluding pot size)||1.2 to 1.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%)|
|POT SIZE||5.5 inches in dia|
|POT COLOUR AND MATERIAL||White/Self-watering pot (can be customized as per requirement)|
Why CLICK NURSERY?
Q. WHAT IS CLICKNURSERY WARRANTY ?
- Click nursery Warranty assures you that we are committed to give you the best plants and service to you with utmost satisfaction along with lifetime assistance for healthy nurturing of plants.
Q. DO I GET A LIFETIME ASSISTANCE ?
- Yes, we will provide you life time assistance for all your plant nurturing needs
Q. WHAT IF I RECEIVE DAMAGED OR WRONG PLANT ?
- Here comes Click nursery warranty ready for you. Our packaging is so robust that most of all our plants reach you in good condition but if it still reaches you either damaged or wrong product we will immediately give you a Replacement/Refund of plant in no time.
Q. WHAT IS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND SHALL I NEED TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- Premium membership customers can avail a special discount of 10% for all their orders from click nursery. To be eligible for premium membership all it requires is to place an order and sign up with clicknursery.
Q. DO I GET PLANTS ALONG WITH THE POT ?
- Yes, the plant comes with a pot included with no additional cost.
Q. WHAT IS THE SIZE OF PLANT WE GET?
- All the plants from click nursery (excluding pot height) will be of height 1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%).
Q. DO THE PLANT SIZE INCLUDE POT SIZE?
- No plant size is excluded from pot height, Pot height will be 6 inches.
Q. DOES THE PLANT I RECEIVE WILL BE EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN PICTURES?
- It's a live plant, each plant grows in its own unique branching shape and flowers according to its blooming season but plants you receive will be exactly the same plant variety with assurance
Default Size Chart
International: Insured Shipping. Delivery within 14 business days.
You'll Also Love These
₹ 349.00 ₹ 799.00
₹ 299.00 ₹ 599.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 799.00
₹ 399.00 ₹ 999.00
₹ 799.00 ₹ 899.00
₹ 499.00 ₹ 999.00
₹ 449.00 ₹ 899.00
₹ 499.00 ₹ 699.00