Aglaonema Red Anjamani - Chinese Evergreen
The aglaonema is a highly decorative plant with several interesting varieties. There seems to be a little controversy in the books over whether this plant is easy or difficult to grow. The simple rule to follow is this: the lighter the variegation, the more light it needs. Otherwise, these are slow-growing, dependably attractive, and make excellent foliage plants. They have large, narrow oval leaves on short stems.
Light: The darker green varieties can grow in near shade, while the variegated varieties require brighter light. Do not expose to direct sun.
Water: Water thoroughly in the summer, and mist often to raise humidity. During the winter, reduce watering but do not let the plant dry completely. Seek to raise the humidity in general.
Temperature: They do not like cold drafts or temperatures below 65ºF. The warmer, the better.
Soil: A well-drained potting soil is perfect.
Fertilizer: Slow-release pellets or liquid fertilizer during the growing season.
Propagation: Aglaonema is not typically propagated by home growers, but it can be divided during repotting. Small shoots can be potted as individual plants.
Repotting: They are slow-growing and will only need repotting every other year. Aglaonema are generally low-growing plants that will only very gradually reveal their trunks.
Aglaonema has been hybridized to produce interesting variegated leaves. The A. commutatum in widely available, in both the Silver Spear (variegated) form and a green form. A pure green A. modestum is seen more rarely. Beware the fruit of the A. crispum, which are toxic. Other variegated forms include A. pictum, A. silver queen (almost totally silver), and A. pseudobracteatum.
Because of their high humidity requirements, some growers consider aglaonema to be greenhouse plants. It's true they will do best in the warm, humid, and bright environment of a greenhouse, but they can successfully be grown indoors by coming as close as possible to these conditions. The number one rule to remember with aglaonema is this: keep them warm and moist. If you do this, you'll be rewarded with a long-lasting, stable houseplant that will not soon outgrow its pot
DETAILS CHECK :
|PLANT SIZE (excluding pot size)||1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%)|
|POT SIZE||4.5 inches in dia|
|POT COLOUR AND MATERIAL||White/Self-watering pot (can be customized as per requirement)|
Q. WHAT IS CLICKNURSERY WARRANTY ?
- Click nursery Warranty assures you that we are committed to give you the best plants and service to you with utmost satisfaction along with lifetime assistance for healthy nurturing of plants.
Q. DO I GET A LIFETIME ASSISTANCE ?
- Yes, we will provide you life time assistance for all your plant nurturing needs
Q. WHAT IF I RECEIVE DAMAGED OR WRONG PLANT ?
- Here comes Click nursery warranty ready for you. Our packaging is so robust that most of all our plants reach you in good condition but if it still reaches you either damaged or wrong product we will immediately give you a Replacement/Refund of plant in no time.
Q. WHAT IS PREMIUM MEMBERSHIP AND SHALL I NEED TO PAY FOR MEMBERSHIP?
- Premium membership customers can avail a special discount of 10% for all their orders from click nursery. To be eligible for premium membership all it requires is to place an order and sign up with clicknursery.
Q. DO I GET PLANTS ALONG WITH THE POT ?
- Yes, the plant comes with a pot included with no additional cost.
Q. WHAT IS THE SIZE OF PLANT WE GET?
- All the plants from click nursery (excluding pot height) will be of height 1.5 to 2.5 feet (please accept a deviation of +/- 5%).
Q. DO THE PLANT SIZE INCLUDE POT SIZE?
- No plant size is excluded from pot height, Pot height will be 6 inches.
Q. DOES THE PLANT I RECEIVE WILL BE EXACTLY AS SHOWN IN PICTURES?
- It's a live plant, each plant grows in its own unique branching shape and flowers according to its blooming season but plants you receive will be exactly the same plant variety with assurance